Southwest Region Schools (SWRS) realizes the importance of parents and tribal organizations in the education process of the children we serve. SWRS is working on increasing collaboration with parents and tribal organizations as educational programs continue to progress and develop. Communication is a key component to having more collaborative opportunities between SWRS and parents. In addition, SWRS recognizes the importance of making evaluations of programs, applications, program descriptions, and plans for improvement readily available. SWRS would like to hear your feedback regarding educational programs, the Indian Policy & Procedures, equal participation of Alaska Native students in educational and co-curricular programs, and use of state & federal funding. Parents will receive a letter providing information about the process for providing feedback. In an effort to reduce costs, most of the resources will be made availabe on this website, including a short description of each document and a link to download the document.
There are a variety of methods for which parents, tribal organizations, and other stakeholders can provide feedback and/or ask questions. These methods include:
- The public comment time during SWRSD School Board meetings (contact Barbara Andrew as firstname.lastname@example.org or 907 842 5287 to be put on the agenda)
- The public comment time at local CSC meetings (contact your local principal)
- Participate and complete survey forms
- Contact your local principal
- Participate in the parent advisory committee (contact Jon Clouse at email@example.com or 907 842 5287 if interested)
- Provide comment to the district at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Advisory Commitee
Southwest Region School District is seeking parents/guardians to serve on a district-wide parent advisory committee (PAC). The purpose of the PAC is to provide recommendations regarding specific policies, special programs, review educational programs, assist in evaluation of programs, assess participation in programs of Alaska Native/Indian students, and act in an advisory role for other items as necessary. Initially, the PAC would meet twice each year.
This is the next step to creating a better system of communication between you and the Southwest Region School District. Some specific items that will be addressed by
the PAC include but are not limited too:
- Indian Policies & Procedures
- Title IA, Migrant Education, & Indian
- Educational Program ReviewINTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Contact Jon Clouse, Federal Programs Director, using any of the following methods:
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 907 842 8216