Southwest Region School district realizes the importance of parents and tribal organizations in the education process of the children we serve. SWRSD is working on increasing collaboration with parents and tribal organizations as educational programs continue to progress and develop. Communication is a key component to having more collaborative opportunities between SWRSD and parents. In addition, SWRSD recognizes the importance of making evaluations of programs, applications, program descriptions, and plans for improvement readily available SWRSD would like to hear your feedback regarding educational programs, the Indian Policy & Procedures, equal participation of Alaska Native students in educational and co-curricular programs, and use of state & federal funding. Parents and tribal councils will receive a letter providing information about the process for providing feedback. In an effort to reduce costs, most of the resources will be made availabe on this website, including a short description of each document and a link to download the document.
There are a variety of methods for which parents, tribal organizations, and other stakeholders can provide feedback and/or ask questions. These methods include:
- The public comment time during SWRSD School Board meetings (contact Barbara Andrew as email@example.com or 907 842 5287 to be put on the agenda)
- The public comment time at local CSC meetings (contact your local principal)
- Participate and complete survey forms
- Contact your local principal
- Participate in the parent advisory committee (contact Jon Clouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907 842 5287 if interested)
- Provide comment to the district at email@example.com